The new, new phobos sneak preview

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Wed Apr 8 14:25:40 PDT 2009

Piotrek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I looked at std.algorithm. Wow, what a piece of art.
>
> BTW. What about your book on D? Any known dates? I know nothing about
> publishing business, so forgive my ignorance in advance.
>
> Cheers

Thanks. It's a good question. The book has 121 pages written out of the
projected 350. The bottleneck is how soon we'll have a reasonably
complete threading model. I don't have an exact date at the moment.

In wake of the incredibly good experience with luring reviewers off this
group for "The Case For D", I might try a similar trick for getting
parts of the book reviewed. TCFD got probably 20% value added by
reviewers alone. Many thanks to (list copied from the draft I submitted)
Bill  Baxter,  Jason  House,  John ``Eljay''  Love-Jensen, Denis
Koroskin, leonardo  maffi  (sic), Petru Marginean,  Bartosz Milewski,
Derek Parnell,  Brad  Roberts, Joel  Salomon,  Benjamin Shropshire,
David  Simcha, Florin  Trofin, Cristian Vlasceanu, and Walter Bright.

By the way, TCFD is coming to a website near you too. It's received
publication approval from both the Overload magazine in England and the
online magazine Doctor Dobb's Journal (which will make it available
online for free). Publication dates to be announced soon.

Andrei