bigfloat

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 16:25:23 PDT 2009

== Quote from Andrei Alexandrescu (SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org)'s article
> dsimcha wrote:
> > == Quote from Frits van Bommel (fvbommel at REMwOVExCAPSs.nl)'s article
> >> Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> >
> >> Yet another reason to get rid of built-in .sort; a templated function would have
> >> no problem with this :).
> >
> > Yes, and with my proposal (not exclusively mine, it's been suggested by plenty of
> > other people) of importing some very basic, universally used functionality
> > automatically in Object so it can "feel" builtin, getting rid of builtin sort
> > wouldn't even make code *look* any different.
> Great point. My hope is that one day I'll manage to convince Walter and
> Sean to simply replace V[K] types with AssocArray!(K, V) and then make
> AssocArray a regular template inside object.d. The current
> implementation of associative arrays looks... brutal.
> Andrei

Yes, but then we lose niceties like AA literals and good declaration syntax.  What
would be gained by moving stuff into Object compared to improving the
implementation within the existing paradigm?  On the other hand, the current
implementation *could* use some improvement.  (In a few minutes when it's written,
see post on AA implementation.  I've been meaning to post this for a while.)