bigfloat

Daniel Keep daniel.keep.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 17:26:50 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> dsimcha wrote:
>> Well, now that I understand your proposal a little better, it makes
>> sense.  I had
>> wondered why the current AA implementation uses RTTI instead of
>> templates.  Even
>> better would be if only the default implementation were in Object, and
>> a user
>> could somehow override which implementation of AA is given the
>> blessing of pretty
>> syntax by some pragma or export alias or something, as long as the
>> implementation
>> conforms to some specified compile-time interface.
>
> Great! For now, I'd be happy if at least the user could hack their
> import path to include their own object.d before the stock object.d.
> Then people can use straight D to implement the AssocArray they prefer.
> Further improvements of the scheme will then become within reach!
>
> Andrei

dmd -object=myobject.d stuff.d

That would require the user to duplicate everything in object, which is
a little messy.  Maybe it would be a good idea to break object itself
into a bunch of public imports to core.internal.* modules, then allow this:

dmd -sub=core.internal.aa=myaa stuff.d

Of course, it's probably simpler still to have this:

dmd -aatype=myaa.AAType stuff.d

  -- Daniel