AAs [was Re: bigfloat]

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 19:46:46 PDT 2009

== Quote from superdan (super at dan.org)'s article
> then lets go all the way. make slices normal types in object.d too. compiler
translate t[] to slice!(t) & [ x, y, z ] to slice!(typeof(x))(x, y, z). then u
write slice in normal d & put it in object.d. fuck the middleman.
> i grok why ints and floats must be in the language. optimization shit n binary
comp n stuff. but slice n hash work user defined just fine.

But then you would lose some of the benefits of the builtins with respect to
templates and CTFE.  Speaking of which, does anyone actually use AAs in templates
and CTFE?  I have tried once or twice, and it actually works.  If we put AAs in
object.d, what would be done about using them in CTFE, given that the
implementation would likely not be CTFE-compatible?