Multithreaded I/O in the DMD compiler (DDJ article by Walter)

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Thu Apr 9 14:11:35 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> I took this opportunity to upgrade from 8.04 to 8.10. This seems to have
> gotten it working again.

I tried to install netbsd under it, and it repeatedly failed with "disk
write" errors, different every time. I finally gave up.

Then I tries to install Red Hat, which would fail on CD #2 with a
message about the CD being corrupted. So I burned a new CD #2 from the
iso, which failed in the same way in the same place. Next I tried
mounting the .iso's directly instead, and that worked. Go figure.

Anyhow, the R.H. install works fine.