bindings/win32, RAS, error 632

Leonid Krashenko Leonid.Krashenko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 13:26:19 PDT 2009

> That said, on re-reading your original post, I can guess what you're
> doing wrong: trying to work around the missing extern (C) attributes in
> ras.d instead of fixing them.  And consequently, merely renaming the
> functions and not actually fixing the calling convention.  I got it to
> link by fixing this error, and then....

It works now! I have Win XP.

It works, but not with extern(C) (although it links and runs - but runs
with errors if you, for example, try to print names of entries, - looks
like there are memory collisions or something of that).

Look at the output (extern(C)):

OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2004  All rights reserved.
rasapi32.lib
  Warning 2: File Not Found rasapi32.lib
dialer.obj(dialer)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _RasGetConnectStatusA
dialer.obj(dialer)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _RasGetErrorStringA
dialer.obj(dialer)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _RasEnumEntriesA

and of the extern(Windows):

--- errorlevel 3
OPTLINK (R) for Win32  Release 8.00.1
Copyright (C) Digital Mars 1989-2004  All rights reserved.
rasapi32.lib
  Warning 2: File Not Found rasapi32.lib
dialer.obj(dialer)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _RasGetConnectStatusA at 8
dialer.obj(dialer)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _RasGetErrorStringA at 12
dialer.obj(dialer)
  Error 42: Symbol Undefined _RasEnumEntriesA at 20
--- errorlevel 3

P.S.
Thank you for explanation! (I've thought there can't be any error in
win32/ras.d (last commit was about 3 years ago!), and was trying to find
it elsewhere :)