The new, new phobos sneak preview

Lutger lutger.blijdestijn at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 07:34:08 PDT 2009

Jason House wrote:
> There's no need for imported names to be unambiguous. Users can give
aliases to imports or import specific members. I hate how Tango puts stuff
in structs for no good reason

I agree. It's not that hard to alias / static import. It may just be a
matter of preference, but more verbose declarations do not tend to be more
readable imho.

You have import std.range and the one hand and on the other (the parameter)
you are also operating on a range, what more information would one need?

If isInfinity would be a member of the range, then even in Java one would
not think of writing such constructs:

std.range.Range.isInfinityRange()