bigfloat

Benji Smith dlanguage at benjismith.net
Sun Apr 12 15:38:31 PDT 2009

bearophile wrote:
> Benji Smith:
>>     // Defaults to using built-in associative array type
>>     auto assocArray = [
>>        "hello" : "world
>>     ];
>>
>>     // Uses my own custom type.
>>     auto hashtable = MyHashTableType!(string, string) [
>>        "hello" : "world
>>     ];
>
> In the second case the type inference of the compiler may find the types from the AA literal itself:
>
> auto hashtable = MyHashTableType ["hello" : "world];
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

If that were the case, I'd want the compiler to scan *all* the key/value
pairs for instances of derived types (rather than just being based on
the first K/V pair, like is currently the case with other array literals).

For example (using tango classes, where HttpGet and HttpPost are both
subclasses of HttpClient):

    // Type is: MyHashTableType!(string, HttpClient)
    auto hashtable = MyHashTableType [
       "get"  : new HttpGet(),
       "post" : new HttpPost()
    ];