The new, new phobos sneak preview

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sun Apr 12 17:44:53 PDT 2009

On 2009-04-12 14:24:07 -0400, Leandro Lucarella <llucax at gmail.com> said:

> Leandro Lucarella, el 12 de abril a las 15:19 me escribiste:
>> Michel Fortin, el 12 de abril a las 12:54 me escribiste:
>>> On 2009-04-12 11:09:51 -0400, Lars Kyllingstad
>>> <public at kyllingen.NOSPAMnet> said:
>>>
>>> Perhaps it should be renamed to isUnbounded then.
>>
>> I was about to write exaclty the same suggestion. I'm glad I read the
>
> Maybe isBounded, to avoid the double negation when checking for
> !isUnbounded...

Which makes me think of one thing: why "isBounded" instead of plain and
simple "bounded"? Ranges don't respond to "isEmpty": they have "empty"
instead.

I think it is time to establish some kind of standard for naming
things, and then follow it. Something a little like Cocoa's Coding
Guidelines comes to mind:

<http://developer.apple.com/DOCUMENTATION/Cocoa/Conceptual/CodingGuidelines/CodingGuidelines.html>

--

Michel Fortin