D2 CAS, atomic increment

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 05:41:37 PDT 2009

I'm currently using part of the Tango D2 branch to get basic lock free methods. I know there's license issues with just copying Tango into Phobos, so does anyone have (or be able to write) these basic building blocks?

I'm planning on porting the lock-free (and mostly fence free) hash table from "high-scale-lib". It beats the pants off Java's concurrent hash table and scales nearly linear to hundreds of cores and thousands of threads. It can also handle a high write rate. I'll try to get it into Phobos when done.