Why does readln include the line terminator?

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 15 20:19:49 PDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 22:54:50 -0400, Christopher Wright
<dhasenan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Robert Fraser wrote:
>> Christopher Wright wrote:
>>>
>>> Why specify anything at compile time when a user could reasonably
>>> generate the value at runtime?
>>>
>>> auto reader = file.byLine(readConfig().separator);
>>  Yes, and for maximum abstraction, the config file should be stored as
>> XML in a TEXT field of a database on another server.
>
> I just really hate to see templates when a regular function would
> suffice and be so close to the same efficiency as makes no difference
> for most reasonable situations. If there's a significant performance
> increase, I want to see both options.

It's just a demonstration of what the OP was talking about but wasn't
explaining properly.  I have no intention of writing or supporting this
code.

I think its fine if Andrei decides to write this code and uses a function
parameter instead of a template parameter, that I used a template
parameter instead of a function parameter is not a hidden suggestion.

-Steve