Scanner / Parser for D2

Arild Boes aboesx at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 13:33:05 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'd like to have a c++ parser for D. I realized, that the full source
code of DMD was avaliable and went to fetch it. (thanks for that btw!).

However it seems rather complex, and I sure could use some quick
insights regarding how the lexer / scanner part could be used, favorably
seperately, from the rest of the compiler.

The simple goal is to fiddle with color coding in vs 2008 with the
language SDK, and then perhaps move on to more interesting stuff.
All it really needs for the simple stuff is a scanner. I previously did
some succesfull tests with a sablecc generated parser and some toy grammar.

I havent really had the time to examine the dmd source in detail yet, so
i am hedgeing my bets here, not at all expecting to get a full detailed
walktrough. Hints in the general direction would be much appreciated though.

postscript: being a silent news reader and D fan for some time, I would
like to utilize this post to express my gratitude for the kickass
language D is, and for the work everyone has put into it.

Thanks in advance.