-nogc

dennis luehring dl.soluz at gmx.net
Thu Apr 23 13:34:03 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu schrieb:
> 1. Put array definitions in object.d. Have the compiler rewrite "T[]" ->
> ".Array!(T)" and "[ a, b, c ]" -> ".Array!(typeof(a))(a, b, c)". I think
> superdan suggested that when he wasn't busy cursing :o).
>
> 2. Do the similar thing for associative arrays.
>
> 3. Have two object.d at hand: one is "normal" and uses garbage
> collection, the other (call it object_nogc.d) has an entirely different
> definition for arrays, hashes, and Object.

question about debug code speed:

a far as i understand it now is the code-speed of (assoc) arrays
independent from the debug-code-generator because of the buildinness

i ask because i hate the speed of std::vectors/maps at debug-time
especially when it comes to large datasets - my major slowdown in
prototype development comes then from the awfully slow stl containers -
does D suffer from this - or will it, when you add this extension?