-nogc

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 14:14:49 PDT 2009

> I think WeakRef!T would also have to be part of the offering inside
> object_whatever.d. Then the example above can be fixed for the
> refcounting case by making one of the references weak.

Now I wonder if the weak ref thread has (indirectly) caused the no gc thread. Have you and/or Walter and/or Sean decided that weakref is sufficiently tied to the gc that is should be part of the D standard libraries?

PS: I discovered recently that wikipedia says D has no support for weak references. It's always good to remove negative points about a language ;)