-nogc

Christian Kamm kamm-removethis at andthis.incasoftware.andthis.de
Fri Apr 24 07:04:07 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu Wrote:
> 1. Put array definitions in object.d. Have the compiler rewrite "T[]" ->
> ".Array!(T)" and "[ a, b, c ]" -> ".Array!(typeof(a))(a, b, c)". I think
> superdan suggested that when he wasn't busy cursing :o).

While I'd support such a rewriting of builtin arrays and associative arrays,
it comes at a cost: one template instantiation per contained type, which will
lead to more code and TypeInfo / ClassInfo initializers than the current
implementation requires.

Can you come up with a solution that can seamlessly switch between RTTI
based containers and templated containers?