Followed all installation instructions, still no luck (OS X 10.5)

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Sun Apr 26 19:12:17 PDT 2009

Well iirc, you need to:

sudo cp dmd.conf /etc/dmd.conf

Which will (potentially) require editing of dmd.conf for the correct
paths.  I usually put phobos's src in /usr/src/phobos or .../d/phobos,
but I can't remember if it was different on Mac... (some things have
/private before them there...)

Basically, your error indicates that dmd cannot find the include file
object.d, which it always needs.  This file should be in
dmd/src/druntime/import (2.x) or dmd/src/phobos (1.x) iirc.  If you
don't want to go installing things, you could also potentially add a
-I/that/path flag to dmd.

-[Unknown]