Followed all installation instructions, still no luck (OS X 10.5)

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Sun Apr 26 22:56:25 PDT 2009

It really is /etc not /usr/etc.  I said the sudo thing just in case you
hadn't verified it exists in /etc.

The following locations are checked on Mac OS X:

The current directory (`pwd`)
The home directory ($HOME)
The directory of argv0 (e.g. /usr/local/bin)
/etc/

It will not look in /usr/etc except given the above circumstances (e.g.
current dir.)

-[Unknown]