Yet another strike against the current AA implementation

Derek Parnell derek at psych.ward
Mon Apr 27 02:39:39 PDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:32:30 +0300, Georg Wrede wrote:

> Phobos docs have *never* been as good as they are today!!!

Really?! I still find them very confusing. Maybe its just the formatting
but I often find it so hard to understand or find what I'm after that I
refer to the source code to work it out.

> About ranges: I suspect that once D2 is solidified (and we start working
> on D3 :-) ), ranges will be easy to use, easy to understand, and
> practical. Incidentally, that same complaint could have been said about
> templates. It took more than a year to get the discussion settled down a
> bit, and today templates seem not impossible at all to begin using
> (unless you want to begin right with the hairy stuff).

It must be me, but I still find D2 templates as clear as mud. The syntax is
butt-ugly, counter intuitive, and reader-hostile, IMHO. I'm sure that C++
is worse, but that is not the issue.

I'll have to wait until somebody writes the "D Templates for Dummies" book.

--
Derek Parnell
Melbourne, Australia