D2 Multithreading Architecture

Jason House jason.james.house at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 05:50:10 PDT 2009

Bartosz's latest blog implies he's settled on a design. I'm curious if that means dmd 2.031 will finally contain the critical changes for that.

If I understand the blog cirrectly, the design (in a nutshell) is as follows:
1. Data passing between threads reqires shared, unique, or invariant
2. Shared variables will include the proper monitor to lock in order to use them
3. Shared variabled ensure sequential consistency
4. Lockless programming will be supported

Did I miss anything or get anything wrong? I know there are specific details yet to be shared, and I tried to not elaborate on specific points.