immutable, const, enum

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Wed Apr 29 00:35:32 PDT 2009

Derek Parnell wrote:
> Oh, I agree. It is just that the documentation is pretty adamant that
> "immutability" means that the data WILL NOT change. It gives the impression
> that there is compiler support to ensure that this is axiomatic rather than
> just a convention.

D is a systems programming language. By that I mean that there are
mechanisms to defeat the type system, for those that know what they're
doing.

If you defeat the type system, and mutate immutably-typed data, the onus
is on you. It's like if you pop the carburetor off and put a
supercharger on, you void the warranty <g>.