struct vs. class, int vs. char.

Georg Wrede georg.wrede at iki.fi
Wed Apr 29 03:29:24 PDT 2009

Don wrote:
> (Likewise, it'd be nice if char [] s=""; were legal in D2. Since a
> mutable "" string has nothing that can be changed anyway, "" can be
> treated in the same way that 'null' is).

There was a huge discussion about null strings a few years ago.
(Probably it was before Andrei, and possibly before your time.)

IIRC, most of the discussion was about detecting the "nullness" of a
string, and what we should define the Null string to be, there were a
few good thoughts around the subject in general.