RFC: naming for FrontTransversal and Transversal ranges

Rainer Deyke rainerd at eldwood.com
Wed Apr 29 20:01:39 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> 1. Value semantics (arrays are like int)

Don't forget:
 + Supports timely destruction of contents (i.e. RAII).

> 2. Value semantics with reference counting

I like this optimization and use it all the time in my own code, but I'm
not convinced that it should be the default.  It's also problematic in
multithreaded situations.

I think a generic CopyOnWrite wrapper over arbitrary value types would
be more useful.  CopyOnWrite!(int[]).

> 3. Reference semantics

I'm strongly opposed to this option.  Either of the other options would
be acceptable.

Rainer Deyke - rainerd at eldwood.com