I wish I could use D for everything

Unknown W. Brackets unknown at simplemachines.org
Thu Apr 30 22:16:18 PDT 2009

For another real world example, we had a server daemon written in Java
and it took forever, had huge problems, cost us quite a bit, etc. etc.

We decided to have the same server rewritten in D, and it took
significantly less time, works correctly according to spec, doesn't
crash/hang half as often (the Java server would die in a way that made
it appear to still be up, made us crazy), and more.

Sure, maybe this is a reflection of the programmer who worked on it -
but in the end, D was by far the better route for us.

-[Unknown]