OS X Installer

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sat Aug 1 09:22:59 PDT 2009

Michel Fortin wrote:

>> You can use /opt/dmd and /opt/dmd2, if you don't
>> want to use the regular file hierarchy in hier(7)

> In hier(7), it says that "/usr/local" is for "executables, libraries,
> etc. not included by the basic operating system", so I guess DMD fits
> this quite well.

I normally* use the regular /usr/local/bin and
/usr/local/lib and so on, when using /usr/local
and otherwise /opt for various vendor layouts...
But I suppose /usr/local/dmd "works" just fine.

Renaming dmd to dmd1 probably makes sense, once
dmd2 is released, and switching with the symlink.
Was using something similar to switch between the
Phobos and Tango libraries in earlier versions.

--anders

* GDC was using /usr/bin, since it was sharing
   some files with /usr/bin/gcc already anyway.