YAPP - yet another properties poll

Chad J chadjoan at __spam.is.bad__gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 09:41:53 PDT 2009

aarti_pl wrote:
> [2],[3],[4] Choosing one of possible options will give you answer what
> is preferred. Also introducing new syntax without removing ommitable
> parenthesis feature doesn't make much sense, as it cause than there is
> no real difference between function and property.

Just wanted to point out that yes, it does make sense.  I don't agree
with it, but it makes sense.  Once properties are added the omissible
parens can maybe save some typing on function calls, or whatever their
advantages are (to be honest I forget why they are useful).  It would be
impossible to define a function and property of the same name, so no
ambiguities would arise.