DIP6: Attributes

grauzone none at example.net
Tue Aug 4 06:55:59 PDT 2009

Kagamin wrote:
> grauzone Wrote:
>
>>> inheritance?
>> You want to inherit annotations? What for?
>
> Backward compatibility: obtain annotation cast it, work with it, then later change its type. Annotations will be used by reflection, so classinfo will be useful.

Code can do that at compiletime. No need for casting, because the tuple
returned by __traits will use the "correct" types directly.

For runtime, I have no idea. The D crowd seems to prefer compile time.
We got __traits instead of more detailed TypeInfo/ClassInfo. If you want
to do runtime stuff, you'll have to generate your own RTTI using compile
time code.