proposed syntax change

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Thu Aug 6 14:00:43 PDT 2009

Thu, 06 Aug 2009 17:06:40 -0300, Ary Borenszweig thusly wrote:

> Of course I think using "//" for something else is a disaster.

The -- token may look too functional to many of us. I am pretty sure that
a great deal of D users would choose a buggy, badly optimizing compiler
and an incomplete spec over a perfectly working D 3.0 compiler and spec
if the latter one used -- for one line comments. It's a serious step
towards unknown if you try to stay compatible with C.