Templates - Numeric Types only

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 07:03:07 PDT 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 6:16 AM, Andrei
Alexandrescu<SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote:

> Well this assessment I agree with. Note that none of the above "got too
> hard". One of those is compile-time function evaluation; there's such a
> fuzzy boundary between what works and what doesn't, that I must try some
> CTFE code to know whether it works.

I was referring specifically to the well-known issue with heavy CTFE
code not freeing temp strings and such that are allocated by the
compiler.  For some CTFE code this causes the compiler to leak so much
memory that the compilation slows to a crawl.

To me that certainly looks like a case of  "got too hard (relative to
the benefit it would provide)".

--bb