T[new]

Jarrett Billingsley jarrett.billingsley at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:11:41 PDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 6:53 PM, bearophile<bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:

> If such tests are correct, then the new resizable arrays of D2 will indeed have some performance penality (something like 13%-17% in this test, but results may change with other array sizes).

I don't see why that's a big problem.  If you're using a resizable
array, you probably care more about *resizing* it.  That is, you're
probably only going to be using resizable arrays when you're doing ~=.
 Like Walter said, if you need fast access to the data, you can just
slice it and get a slice array.