GPU/CPU roadmaps

davidl davidl at nospam.org
Mon Aug 10 19:48:44 PDT 2009

在 Tue, 11 Aug 2009 08:54:07 +0800,bearophile <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com>
写道:

> D2/D3 may become a good language to create video games, this is a new
> interesting document that shows some of the things D2 users may want to
> use it for:
> http://graphics.cs.williams.edu/archive/SweeneyHPG2009/TimHPG2009.pdf
>
> I don't know how D2 can adapt itself to help in such regards.
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

At the first sight, I thought that guy were insane to abandon the merit of
current GPU computing. Then, when I went through the slice of productivity
is vital. I think I'm completely convinced by this exact point.
GPU programming and blending into games is pretty specialized skill for
programmers. Maybe 1 of 1000 programmers has this skill. And maybe 1 of 2
has the sufficient knowledge to handle it well.
I would expect an easier development model.

--
使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/