unfixed ICE issues

Stewart Gordon smjg_1998 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 12 12:04:15 PDT 2009

Benjamin Shropshire wrote:
> To help avoid duplicate issues, could the assert error messages in DMD
> be edited to include the issue number of bugs known to trigger them?
> That would be a little more robust than just line numbers and would also
> help people find work arounds.

I guess it would work in theory.  How should we word it so that people
don't immediately think "it's a known bug, so I don't need to report it"
when it may actually be a very different cause of the same assert error?

Moreover, would it report just the issue number, or the full URL of the
bug report?

Stewart.