Notepad++

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Fri Aug 14 00:27:32 PDT 2009

Nick Sabalausky Wrote:

> > I don't see how the lexer is being chosen.
> > Programmer's Notepad does it correctly.
>
> I use Programmer's Notepad. It's good, but it still has some problems:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pnotepad/issues/detail?id=480 (Proper Highlighting
> for D's Wysiwyg Strings)
> http://code.google.com/p/pnotepad/issues/detail?id=481 (In D, strings with
> embedded newlines are not highlighted correctly)
> http://code.google.com/p/pnotepad/issues/detail?id=482 (Support for D's
> nested comments)

At least PN chooses lexer. That's what I meant.

These issues do not pertain to PN. They're RFEs for Scintilla D lexer and as I said they were fixed in version 1.79. PN developer just plans to upgrade to new Scintilla in PN 3, in fact I compiled scintilla 1.78 with recent D lexer an it works fine. BTW bug 482 is invalid, support for nested comments was there from the start, make sure you don't use C lexer.