OT - Which Linux?

Paul D. Anderson paul.d.removethis.anderson at comcast.andthis.net
Thu Aug 20 09:49:55 PDT 2009

Paul D. Anderson Wrote:

> I'm going to add Linux to my PC to get a dual-boot configuration. (I'm tired of sloooow start ups and want to tap into the great tools available.) The tutorial I'm looking at suggests Ubuntu. Is there a significant difference in Linux implementations? Is Ubuntu one of the better ones? Does it make a difference for running D2?
>
> Thanks in advance for your hellp.
>
> Paul

Thanks for all the good advice. I'll even listen to some of it!

Lots of votes for Ubuntu, so I'll probably go with that. (I'm encouraged that I don't have to make a decision "once and for all time".)

Hopefully, I'll get a chance to do an install and run with it a little bit this weekend. The hardest part looks to be to clean up my system. My plan is to install Linux on my D: drive and leave the C: drive for Windows. I've been using D mainly for backups, but I just got a USB hard drive specifically for backups, so I can dedicate the D: drive.

Again, thanks for all the good advice. You can now all go back to thinking about D.

Paul