D features - wanna start project

#ponce aliloko at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:50:05 PDT 2009

> 3. Are there any OpenGL bindings ? Are they stable ?

DerelictGL support OpenGL up to 2.1. I think it's sufficient at this time
There is also a plan to support OpenGL 3.x through Derelict2.

Derelict is more than a simple binding, you can tell Derelict which OpenGL version you need or to load available extension.
It's very convenient, since in C++ you would have to use GLEW to do that.

> 4. I often use HashMap, HashSet, TreeMap, TreeSet. Do they have counterparts in D ?

dcollections or Tango.

Also : a lot of useful code/bindings for games can be through on h3r3tic's page and dsource.