D should disallow forward references

Michiel Helvensteijn m.helvensteijn.remove at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:08:55 PDT 2009

grauzone wrote:

> Conclusion: other than trying to keep a buggy feature, that isn't going
> to be fixed, remove it from the language.

A bit silly, since it's really quite easy. It just requires an extra
compiler pass.

Any constant data should be forward referenceable. That means functions,
types and const (immutable, enum, etc.) symbols/vars.

Seems to me like reference resolving is one of the first things that should
work correctly. I'd drop everything and fix this bug before working on
anything else. :-)

--
Michiel Helvensteijn