Compilation models for C++

Yigal Chripun yigal100 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:29:14 PDT 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> bearophile wrote:
>> A nice article (that I've found with Reddit), "Five compilation models
>> for C++ templates", by Todd L. Veldhuizen:
>> http://ubiety.uwaterloo.ca/~tveldhui/papers/2000/tmpw00/index.html
>
> The article enjoyed 17 citations in 8 years.
>
> http://scholar.google.com/scholar?cites=9722018129966630217&hl=en
>
> That's a rather poor record.
>

> Andrei

"don't judge a book by its cover"

Did you even bother reading the article before posting the above reply?

This reminds me the case of a student who got an F on an assignment to
measure a tower in Haifa, Israel. He appealed the grade and they found
out that his measurement was correct.
Apparently, that building got taller by 10 cm over a period of 30 years.
The others students copied the result from a reference which was used by
the teaching professor and he never bothered to actually go and check it
again each semester.
So the only student in 30 years who bothered to do the actual
measurement was the only one with the correct result.