D should disallow forward references

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 11:20:56 PDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 03:05:07PM -0300, Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> Sure, you can also grab the LDC frontend if you want a DMDFE with some
> extra patches, but that's not the point. The point is you *can't* do
> a 'patchdmd' without permission. And as far as licencing goes, I really
> can't understand how Walter can give anyone rights to redistribute a
> (modified) BE, if he is not the one owner of the code.

How can someone give anyone rights to redistribute a GPL program when he
himself doesn't own the copyright?

I can't take your GPL program and arbitrarily change the license to
proprietary, and similarly (I assume) he can't take his proprietary license
and change it to GPL.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net