Reference value of structs not optimized or inlined?

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:38:15 PDT 2009

bearophile Wrote:

> Jeremie Pelletier:
>
> > Just to stress out how important this is; I have a small loop calculating a 3x2 rotation matrix used with either Direct2D or Cairo every 10ms which transform the text "Hello World" in a window. CPU usage drops by 7-10% when using C style pointers instead of D storage classes. I haven't even optimized with SSE and whatnot yet, just removing the stack frame initialization overhead.<
>
> Are you in a situation where you use the LDC compiler?
>
> Bye,
> bearophile

DMD 2.031 here on windows 7 x64, I'm writing a Direct2D backend for my display package. I don't mind not having 64-bit support for now, but I definitely care about being on the bleeding edge of the D2 language. I also use the same compiler on Ubuntu.

I use a customized runtime forked from D1 in '06 and almost entirely rewritten kepping up to date with every new D release. I dropped support for D1 last year. Last I heard LDC only supported D1 under unix, haven't checked it in a while.