Reference value of structs not optimized or inlined?

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 03:54:15 PDT 2009

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
> > Walter Bright escribió:
> >>
> >> Which of the thousand things people want done in D should be done first?
> >
> > Those that you feel like doing first.
> >
> > Ok, you win. :-)
> >
> > (I use the same reasoning most of the time when coding Descent)
>
> <g> But I'm not kidding about the thousand things. There are more than
> that in Bugzilla.

The core feature set should be more important for now, since they drive D2 closer to a stable specification, and I know how adding new features can break optimizations and whatnot.

I would rather see T[new] arrays and working shared qualifiers myself. However, proper ref semantics would also allow us to switch back from C to D syntax for these.

Maybe I should get familiar with dmd2's source and see if I can contribute to those issues once I get more free time, but even in its current development state, I have more fun coding in D than I ever had in C or C++.