Reference value of structs not optimized or inlined?

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Aug 29 15:23:38 PDT 2009

Jarrett Billingsley wrote:
> You said "which of the thousand things people want done should be done
> first?" And we already tried to solve this problem with the Bugzilla
> voting feature. Has it been working out well? Have the issues that
> people want to get fixed been getting more attention than the others?

I'll let you decide that based on stats from Bugzilla and the changelog.
I suspect about everyone's conclusion on that would be different.

I just wish to point out that while ref inlining has been pointed out as
very important here, that isn't reflected in the Bugzilla votes. In
other words, while the votes are important, they are not the only
indicator of what is important.