dynamic classes and duck typing

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Tue Dec 1 03:26:04 PST 2009

Tue, 01 Dec 2009 03:16:47 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> Can you show examples of points 2, 3 and 4?
>
> Have opDispatch look up the string in an associative array that returns
> an associated delegate, then call the delegate.
>
> The dynamic part will be loading up the associative array at run time.

This is not exactly what everyone of us expected. I'd like to have
something like

void foo(Object o) {
  o.duckMethod();
}

foo(new Object() { void duckMethod() {} });

The feature isn't very dynamic since the dispatch rules are defined
statically. The only thing you can do is rewire the associative array
when forwarding statically precalculated dispatching.