dynamic classes and duck typing

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:16:34 PST 2009

Andrei Alexandrescu, el  1 de diciembre a las 10:58 me escribiste:
> >I really think the *only* *major* advantage of D over Python is speed.
> >That's it.
>
> In wake of the above, it's actually huge. If you can provide
> comparable power for better speed, that's a very big deal. (Usually
> dynamic/scripting languages are significantly more powerful because
> they have fewer constraints.)

I develop twice as fast in Python than in D. Of course this is only me,
but that's where I think Python is better than D :)

I think only not having a compile cycle (no matter how fast compiling is)
is a *huge* win. Having an interactive console (with embedded
documentation) is another big win.

When I was a child I had a fever
My hands felt just like two balloons.
Now I've got that feeling once again
I can't explain you would not understand
This is not how I am.
I have become comfortably numb.