Should operator overload methods be virtual?

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 12:28:49 PST 2009

Walter Bright, el  1 de diciembre a las 11:17 me escribiste:
> Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> >Walter Bright, el 28 de noviembre a las 13:31 me escribiste:
> >>The gnu linker (ld) does not do any optimizations of virtual call =>
> >>direct call. Optlink has nothing to do with it.
> >
> >The *new* GNU Linker (gold) does (with plug-ins, both GCC and LLVM
> >provides plug-ins for gold to do LTO).
> >
> >See:
> >http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/LinkTimeOptimization
> >http://llvm.org/docs/GoldPlugin.html
>
> I don't see that particular one in the links.

Well, I was talking about link-time optimization in general, not virtual
call elimination in particular :). I don't know exactly what kind of
optimizations are supported currently, but bare in mind this is all very
new (Gold and the LTO plug-ins)...