dynamic classes and duck typing

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Tue Dec 1 13:26:29 PST 2009

bearophile wrote:
> I suggest Walter to don't try to say that D2 is "better" than Python,
> it's a waste of time and it means nothing.

I meant it in the form of the simpler being better hypothesis. I am
arguing that a simpler language often leads to complex code.

CorePy, PyCuda, PyOpenCL, etc. are not part of Python. They are
extensions, and are not written in Python. Heck, C++ Boost is listed as
a prerequisite for PyCuda.

The very existence of those shows that Python itself is not powerful enough.

Secondly, use of them does not make Python a simple language.

And thirdly, any language can have extension libraries and processors.