dynamic classes and duck typing

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Tue Dec 1 22:21:16 PST 2009

Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:15:53 -0800, Walter Bright wrote:

> grauzone wrote:
>> Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>> Yup, and that's the underlying problem with "simple" languages.
>>> Complicated code.
>>
>> I think users of scripting languages would disagree with you.
>
> Looks like even simple Javascript is getting a major complexity upgrade:
>

> http://arstechnica.com/web/news/2009/12/commonjs-effort-sets-javascript-
on-path-for-world-domination.ars

All languages seem to add more features during their lifetime. I've never
heard of language in which feature count somehow decreases with later
versions. If you're happy with the previous version, why upgrade? E.g.
the existence of Java 5+ or D 2.0 doesn't mean developing code with Java
1.4 or D 1.x is illegal.