Unification

Jesse Phillips jessekphillips+D at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:32:50 PST 2009

Zexx Wrote:

> The creators of D and Vala know why they created it. Maybe there are other similar projects. But why work separately? There's no chance for success when working like that.

It looks to me as though this should be asked of the Vala devs. Vala does have a different goal than that of D. The could probably have made use of D by providing proper libraries to achieve their goal. It appeared 5 years after D so you won't see D enthusiasts jumping on the chance to abandon it.

(Vala is of course someone's pet project and they wouldn't abandon it to help the development of someone else's pet project.)