Building DMD from sources

Denis Koroskin 2korden at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:46:19 PST 2009

On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 20:43:01 +0300, Daniel Ribeiro Maciel
<daniel.maciel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for answering so fast.
> I'll try that. One more thing: I noticed I need to convert VS libraries
> from COFF format to OMF format so I can link them with my D software. I
> also noticed that coff2omf tool from Digital Mars is not free.
>
> Do you know any free tools that do that job?
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel

Where did you get that information from? coff2omf is free, download it
 from ftp://digitalmars.com

In my experience, it's not that easy to get you VS compiled binary working
with DMD (due to object format incompatibility). In most cases it's easier
to re-compile your library with DMC compiler, if sources are available.