[OT] Broken newsgroup threads in Thunderbird 3?

Lionello Lunesu lio at lunesu.remove.com
Sat Dec 5 18:21:57 PST 2009

Is anybody else here experiencing problems with Thunderbird 3 RC? On my
laptop many post that are clearly replies to an existing thread appear
as new top-level posts.

When I first started using Thunderbird 3 beta this happened in my IMAP
folder as well, but I was able to fix that by setting
mail.strict_threading to false in the config editor. Unfortunately, I
can't seem to find a similar setting for controlling threading behavior
for the news reader.

Is this a bug in Thunderbird 3 beta/RC, or are those posts simply
broken, because of a broken web interface or something like that? Or is
there a problem with the news server?

L.