yank unary '+'?

KennyTM~ kennytm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 13:26:17 PST 2009

On Dec 7, 09 05:12, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> I am completely underwhelmed by 1-6 and have strong arguments against
> each, but "frankly, my dear" I have bigger problems than that. I have
> exactly zero valid reasons I could mention in TDPL, and that's my litmus
> test. I find the operator utterly useless. If '+' stays in, then call it
> horsetrading but the occasionally useful '^^=' must also be in.
>
> Andrei

There would be zero reason to explain 1.0 vs 1.00, 1.0e2 vs 1.0e+2, and
0xabc vs 0xABC vs 0Xabc vs 0XABC too.

And I thought there isn't ^^= yet just because Don's patch was only a
proof-of-concept thing. (Currently 3*4^^2 doesn't event produce the
expected result.) ^^= will be in, but that's irrelevant.