yank unary '+'?

klickverbot klickverbot at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 05:54:04 PST 2009

Mike Parker wrote:
> […] I think C programmers are smart enough to figure things out without
> the language keeping around old syntax. If they want C, they can stick
> with C.

I think so too – the »new«, D function pointer syntax is much more readable
and intuitive than the C one which is widely regarded as being quite messy,
especially in more complex declarations.

Please do not even start to think about removing elements with valid use-
cases (even if there were hardly any) in the name of reducing language
complexity (note aside: I do not really see how one more unary operator
could really make a difference here) before removing redundancies…